Mitacs Step: Business and Dining Etiquette - Ottawa (November 2, 2012)
When: Friday, November 2, 2012
Time: 9:00am - 1:00pm (Registration 8:30am SHARP)
Where: Carleton University
Room: Leeds House, Room 118
We all want to make a good first impression and there’s nothing like a first day on the job to test your ability to affect how others interact with you! The good news is that we’re naturally wired to connect to others.
The benefit? Engaged workplaces are more innovative, have higher retention rates and get better results. This business etiquette workshop will show you all about evolved business conduct and will help you maximize your work relationships and send the right message about yourself (and your organization).
How you handle yourself in a meeting says a lot about you. Learn the elements of etiquette and conduct that will give you the comfort and confidence needed to succeed in any meeting!
- Advance preparation
- Making an entrance
- Executing a perfect handshake
- Exchanging business cards
- Taking a seat, posture, seating protocols
- Food and drink etiquette
- Etiquette with technology
Professional Dress (for men and women)
What you wear and how you look in business can either help or hinder your success. Learn how to make a powerful first impression every time!
- What clothes say – conveying credentials through our clothes
- Striving for executive polish and presence
- Dressing to meet client standards
- Business casual dress
- Dress guidelines – do’s and don’ts
- Grooming that takes you to the top
- Business meeting accessories
Poor e-mail etiquette has been known to derail a business deal, stall a promotion, halt a job interview or stop a sale. Learn what it takes to manage your reputation electronically!
- First impressions electronically
- Etiquette with salutations and signatures
- Subject lines
- Construction, clarity, conciseness
- E-mail decorum – do’s and don’ts