Mitacs Step: Foundations of Project Management II - Vancouver (Nov 19 - Nov 20, 2012)
When: Monday, November 19 and Tuesday, November 20, 2012
Time: Nov 19: 8:30am - 4:30pm (Registration 8:00am SHARP)
Nov 20: 8:30am - 4:30pm
Where: UBC Robson Square / 800 Robson Street / Vancouver BC
PLEASE NOTE: Completion of Foundations of Project Management I is mandatory before participating in this workshop.
As participants in Foundations of Project Management I: A team-based approach, we are inviting you to continue to build on your skills for success and join the Mitacs Step Program for this two-day interactive workshop, Foundations of Project Management II.
As part of Mitacs Step Program, this workshop was developed to provide opportunities for students to build on skill sets necessary to succeed in both the academia and industry setting.
Workshop Agenda: Day 1
- Introductions and discussion of success from session I
- Preparing a project overview statement
- Estimating and budgeting
- Resource scheduling
- Crisis management
- Implementing the plan
- Creating the ideal project culture for creativity, innovation, and productivity
Workshop Agenda: Day 2
- Giving and receiving constructive criticism
- Situational Leadership
- Personal Planning
- Learning, review, action planning and project closure