Canada and France to expand higher education research collaboration
Ottawa, ON—Canada and France are building on a partnership to increase international research exchanges for university students in both countries through Mitacs’s programs.
The signing builds on an existing relationship established between Mitacs and Campus France in 2014, and aims to expand Mitacs research internships to university consortia and other higher education institutions in France.
The agreement was signed at the French Embassy on June 6, 2018, by Alejandro Adem, Mitacs CEO and Scientific Director, and Kareen Rispal, Ambassador of France in Ottawa. It was witnessed by the Honourable Navdeep Bains, Minister of Innovation, Science and Economic Development, Government of Canada, and Frédérique Vidal, Minister of Higher Education, Research and Innovation, Government of France.
The Honourable Navdeep Bains, Minister of Innovation, Science and Economic Development
“Diversity and the open exchange of ideas, are key to true innovation. Our government welcomes these additional research exchanges between Canada and France and we look forward to seeing the new skills and discoveries they will result in."
Alejandro Adem, CEO and Scientific Director, Mitacs
“Today’s agreement is a significant step towards providing both Canadian and French university researchers with new opportunities to engage in international research collaborations. This partnership signifies our two countries’ shared commitment to talent development and economic growth.”
- Mitacs is a national not-for-profit organization led by Canadian universities that has designed and delivered research and training programs in Canada for more than 19 years.
- Working with more than 60 universities, thousands of companies, the Government of Canada, and all provincial governments, Mitacs builds partnerships that support industrial and social innovation.
- Joris Tillet’s story while at Polytechnique Montréal: Drone research takes flight for visiting student
- Anne-Christine Bricaud’s story while at Université Laval: Songs in the key of brain health.
- For information about Mitacs and our programs, see mitacs.ca/newsroom.