Assessing the Level of adoption of the Human Resources analytics in BC companies - BC-385
Preferred Disciplines: Business (Human resources, behavioural science, revelant field); graduate student
Project length: 4-6 months (1 unit)
Desired start date: As soon as possible
Location: Vancouver BC
No. of Positions: 1
Preferences: Partner in BC
Language : English
Company: Percipient Solutions Ltd.
Percipient Solutions Ltd. is a people analytics start up in Vancouver that helps organizations leverage workforce data and develop data-driven strategies to attract, retain, and engage top talent. With increasing datafication it’s time for HR to leverage the proliferation data to make key business decisions and earn a seat at the big table.
The world of work is changing.
- Millennials will represent up to 75% of the workforce by 2020
- The gig economy is leading to growing numbers of contract workers
- New skills are needed for the digital economy, and the talent gap is widening
- New business models are emerging and old ones are becoming obsolete
The importance of productivity & innovation has increased to unprecedented levels. Attracting, engaging, and retaining the right employees has never been more important. As a people analytics company, we want to research how many BC companies are currently using HR analytics and leveraging the available data. If so, how are they using it? And if not, what are their plans to adopt technology and keep up with the advancing ecosystem? We hope to gain deep understanding of BC companies, their attributes and their pain points. We aim to explore a variety of questions through primary research (informational interviews with key stakeholders and surveys) and secondary research (web searches) with an aim to determine possible solutions to help BC companies address this challenge.
- Research how companies plan on leveraging data from human resrouces and to what degree
- Research why some companies have chosen to adpot this trend, and others, not
- Resarch the HR products that are available in the market and their fulfilled needs
- Analyse trends and patterns within the research data to determine how HR analytics insights are related with the innovation and productivity in these organisations
- Create research report on the finding
- Primary research, industry survey of \percipient & CPHR
- Quantitative and Qualitative research
- Data analysis
Expertise and Skills Needed:
- Research and report writing skills, data analytics
- Previous Research Skills
- Thorough and conscientious, proficient with MS Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Google Docs and Google Slides
For more info or to apply to this applied research position, please