Content Delivery - Quality of Experience - QC-119
Preferred Disciplines: Telecom or Software Engineering, Masters
Project Length: 2 concurrent students – Each for 2 units (total 8 months for each)
Desired start date: ASAP
No. of Positions: 2
Preferences: No language preferences.
Ciena is a network strategy and technology company. We translate best-in-class technology into value through a high-touch, consultative business model – with a relentless drive to create exceptional experiences measured by outcomes.
Ciena Content Delivery Platform concept focuses on Quality of Experience (QoE) as a cornerstone capability enabling carriers to offer a new set of SLAs. We will leverage Video Analytics application to illustrate a potential integration into Ciena Blue Planet Orchestration platform. That would drive growth and reduce broadband churn.
Background and required skills
- Analyze from Network, Video Analytics and Caching systems
- Find potential rootcause for quality degradation
- Suggest corrective measures: Network adjustment and/or caching adjustments
- Orchestrate Network and Caching changes to address the problem in most optimal fashion, and restore Quality of Experience
- Collect data from different data sources using programmatic APIs
- Normalize data in a single data store
- Research& Develop algorithms to analyze the data and derive potential rootcause for different correlation patterns
- Implement algorithms to programmatically automate the process
- Validate against multiple use-case and optimize those algorithms
Expertise and Skills Needed:
- Datamining and analysis
- Software engineering
- Object Oriented
- Distributed architectures
For more info or to apply to this applied research position, please
- Check your eligibility and find more information about open projects.
- Complete this webform. You will be asked to upload your CV. Remember to indicate the title of the project(s) you are interested in and obtain your professor’s approval to proceed!
Interested students need to get the approval from their supervisor and send their CV along with a link to their supervisor’s university webpage by applying through the webform or directly to Jesse Vincent-Herscovici at, jvh(a)mitacs.ca