PDF - Development of innovative solutions for real-time monitoring of HV equipements - NB-002
Preferred Disciplines: Electrical Engineering, Post-Doc
Company: Grid Solutions (GE Alstom venture)
Project Length: 18 months (3 units)
Desired start date: 2018-07-01
Location: Aix-les-Bains, FRANCE
No. of Positions: 1
About the Company:
GE's Grid Solutions business serves customers globally with over 19,000 employees in approximately 80 countries. Grid Solutions helps enable utilities and industry to effectively manage electricity from the point of generation to the point of consumption, helping to maximize the reliability, efficiency and resiliency of the grid.
Grid Solutions collaborates on this project with Professor Nouredine Hadjsaid @ Université Grenoble-Alpes G2ELab. The candidate will also spend time at this institution as part of the project.
- Inventory of existing monitoring solutions and possible adaptations for monitoring HV equipment
- Develop new measurement methods (gas monitoring, pressure, operating time, vibration, ...) focusing on the maintenance checks to be carried out
- Development of prototype and associated experiment
- Develop the associated software (on-line model)
- Define the diagnostic solutions and the data recovery process
- To be determined
Expertise and Skills Needed:
- Electrical Engineering
- High Voltage
- Modelling and simulation
- Smartgrids and electrical networks
For more info or to apply to this applied research position, please
- Check your eligibility and find more information about open projects.
- Complete this webform. You will be asked to upload your CV. Remember to indicate the title of the project(s) you are interested in and obtain your professor’s approval to proceed!
- If interested in this position, please get the approval from your supervisor and forward your CV to Valérie Bonnardel at vbonnardel(a)mitacs.ca