Transcribing Text to Market Orders - AB-027
Preferred Disciplines: Computer science. MSc or higher.
Project length: 12 months
Desired start date: As soon as possible
Location: Calgary, AB
No. of Positions: 1
Preferences: Language: English
Company: Codeli Technology, Inc.
Codeli Technology Inc - innovators committed to providing dependable technology solutions for energy trading and risk management demands. We developed and provide on-going support of ASC-recognized Net Energy Exchange’s leading trading platform, which connects motivated crude oil buyers and sellers across North America in a reliable on-line forum. Our diverse technology team develops most of our software in-house, driving further business growth in a dynamic environment.
Codeli has developed it’s own chat service and a trading platform used by Energy Brokers. We’re interested in a developing a transcription engine, which would interpret keywords from saved text and transcribe it into market orders for entry into the trading platform. We will require the text library of keywords to be optimized based on current market language being used in the industry. Research in the field of natural language processing will be required to have this engine run accurately and in real-time.
Background and required skills
- Develop a language processing model that can run in real-time
- Develop a library of key words used in the energy trading industry
- First, train a model for accuracy in words being transcribed. We have plenty of voice files (which we can convert to text) saved in house to reference for testing
- Once the model is accurate, we need this process to run in near real-time for the purpose of speed in the market
Expertise and Skills Needed:
- Expertise in natural language processing
- Strong Computer Science or Software Engineer knowledge
For more info or to apply to this applied research position, please
- Check your eligibility and find more information about open projects.
- Complete this webform. You will be asked to upload your CV. Remember to indicate the title of the project(s) you are interested in and obtain your professor’s approval to proceed!
Interested students need to get the approval from their supervisor and send their CV along with a link to their supervisor’s university webpage by applying through the webform or directly to Oba Harding at, oharding(a)mitacs.ca.