Foundations of Project Management II
PLEASE NOTE: Foundations of Project Management I is a pre-requisite for this workshop.
Build on the skills developed in Foundations of Project Management I: A team-based approach through Foundations of Project Management II.
As part of Mitacs Step Program, this workshop was developed to provide opportunities for students to build on skill sets necessary to succeed in both the academia and industry setting.
Workshop Agenda: Day 1
- Introductions and discussion of success from level I
- Preparing a project overview statement
- Estimating and budgeting
- Resource scheduling
- Crisis management
- Implementing the plan
- Creating the ideal project culture for creativity, innovation, and productivity
Workshop Agenda: Day 2
- Giving and receiving constructive criticism
- Situational Leadership
- Personal Planning
- Learning, review, action planning and project closure
Latest step News
The Mitacs Step courses helped build practical skills that made me much more employable. The all of the modules that I attended were done with excellence, and the seminar leaders brought valuable real-world experience that I was able to learn from.