Foundations of Project Management II
PLEASE NOTE: Foundations of Project Management I is a pre-requisite for this workshop.
Build on the skills developed in Foundations of Project Management I: A team-based approach through Foundations of Project Management II.
As part of Mitacs Step Program, this workshop was developed to provide opportunities for students to build on skill sets necessary to succeed in both the academia and industry setting.
Workshop Agenda: Day 1
- Introductions and discussion of success from level I
- Preparing a project overview statement
- Estimating and budgeting
- Resource scheduling
- Crisis management
- Implementing the plan
- Creating the ideal project culture for creativity, innovation, and productivity
Workshop Agenda: Day 2
- Giving and receiving constructive criticism
- Situational Leadership
- Personal Planning
- Learning, review, action planning and project closure
Latest step News
“It was truly a wonderful experience attending the Step Networking workshop. Before attending, I was very shy and reserved. Since taking the workshop, my professional network has increased drastically. I am very grateful to Mitacs for organizing this event.”