2014 Mitacs Awards Reception celebrates emerging Canadian researchers
Winners at a glance
- Mitacs & NRC-IRAP Award for Commercialization: Rafael Falcon from the University of Ottawa for a research project with Larus Technologies
- Mitacs Undergraduate Award for Outstanding Innovation: Pragya Chawla, hosted in the summer of 2014 by the University of Lethbridge
- Mitacs Master’s Award for Outstanding Innovation: Daniela Tuchel from Royal Roads University for a research project with the Asia Pacific Foundation of Canada
- Mitacs PhD Award for Outstanding Innovation: Stephen Dugdale from INRS–Centre Eau Terre Environnement for a research project with Confluence Aquatic Ecosystems
- Mitacs Post-Doctoral Award for Outstanding Innovation: Ricardo Jota from the University of Toronto for a research project with Tactual Labs
- Mitacs Industry Award for Exceptional Leadership: Trojan Technologies
- Mitacs Professor Award for Leadership: Dr. Alan Fung from Ryerson University
Speakers included Hon. Kerry-Lynne Findlay, Minister of National Revenue, Hon. Bal Gosal, Minister of State for Sport, Hon. Chris Alexander, Minister of Citizenship and Immigration, Pam Bjornson, Executive Vice President of the National Research Council, and Hon. Ed Holder, Minister of State for Science and Technology.
Mitacs gratefully acknowledges the Government of Canada, the Networks of Centres of Excellence's Industrial Research and Development Internship program, Western Economic Diversification, the Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency, Alberta Innovates Technology Futures and the governments of British Columbia, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Ontario, Quebec through Le Fonds de recherche du Québec and le Ministère de l'Enseignement supérieur, Recherche, Science et Technologie, Manitoba, Saskatchewan and Newfoundland and Labrador through its Research and Development Corporation for their support of Mitacs Accelerate.
Mitacs would like to thank Industry Canada, Western Economic Diversification, the Government of Alberta, the Government of British Columbia, the China Scholarship Council, le Coordenação de Aperfeiçoamento de Pessoal de Nível Superior of Brazil, the Monterrey Institute of Technology and Higher Education and the National Autonomous University of Mexico for their support of Globalink.