- 0May 2022A partnership between Mitacs and Mental Health Research Canada is addressing the mental health challenges of Canadians, almost a quarter of whom report feeling anxious or depressed as a direct result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- 0April 2022When it comes to finding cures for rare diseases and addressing emerging viral infections — like COVID-19 — the traditional pharmaceutical business model just doesn’t cut it. Solutions require global collaboration and open-access research, and that means a new research innovation ecosystem — exactly what the Structural Genomics Consortium (SGC) is building.
- 0March 2022Dr. Seyyedarash Haddadi developed a novel, low-cost compound — made from a graphene oxide-silver combination — that can be used as part of a coating material for masks; this material makes them 99.99 percent effective against transmission of COVID-19.
- 0February 2021As businesses, municipalities, and not-for-profit organizations face unprecedented challenges during the COVID-19 pandemic, Mitacs’s new offering of Business Strategy Internships serves to support local operations.
- 0October 2020Montréal-based small business launches a smartwatch that measures the blood oxygen level, body temperature, and heart rate, enabling early detection of COVID-19 symptoms and support for seniors in residences.
- 0October 2020A collaborative project supported by Mitacs utilizes research and industry expertise to produce faster and higher volume of manufacturing solutions for PPE and other products that address transmission of COVID-19.
- 0August 2020Mitacs interns have teamed up with iMD Research to create a Bluetooth bracelet that uses artificial intelligence to predict the likelihood that a COVID-19 patient will need to be hospitalized based on their vital signs.
- 0June 2020Working towards a COVID-19 vaccine, Selvaraj and Kaliamurthi use artificial intelligence and reverse vaccinology.
- 0April 2020When the COVID-19 pandemic was announced and the Government of Canada called upon researchers and businesses to develop solutions, Ramtin Rasoulinezhad answered.
- 0April 2020Research abroad results in development of special virus-killing coating for masks