France-Canada partnership shows shared commitment to talent development and economic growth
Grenoble, France – Mitacs is partnering with Communauté Université Grenoble Alpes (ComUE UGA) to enable French and Canadian students to take part in research internships in the other country through Mitacs programs.
The five-year agreement reinforces France-Canada relationships and supports research collaboration and development between the French higher education institution and collaborating Canadian academic institutions.
Mitacs’s Globalink and Accelerate programs offer undergraduate and graduate students, respectively, the opportunity to carry out supervised research projects at participating Canadian universities or at ComUE UGA.
Through the partnership, up to 50 two-way projects will be supported annually across all participating Globalink and Accelerate research internship programs. The French institution is one of the top research-focused universities in France.
With additional benefits such as training, mentoring, and cultural activities, the internships provide students with advanced professional skills and an international network of research collaborators.
Alejandro Adem, CEO and Scientific Director, Mitacs
“We are delighted to work with Communauté Université Grenoble Alpes for bilateral student mobility between France and Canada. Students from both countries will benefit from unique experiences that combines research opportunities with professional development. This partnership represents our countries’ shared commitment to talent development and economic growth.”
Lise Dumasy, President and Professor, Communauté Université Grenoble Alpes
This agreement with Mitacs "will enhance students’ mobility and strengthen our cooperation with our Canadian university partners. This program will give us the pleasure of welcoming more students from Canada, creating the perfect set up to continue implementing the internationalization of our campus. Mitacs’ recognition will be an asset for our senior undergraduate and graduate students during their studies and their curricular activities. Moreover, this agreement will allow them to benefit from scholarships and therefore improve the conditions of their mobility."
- Mitacs is a not-for-profit organization that fosters growth and innovation in Canada by solving business challenges with research solutions from the best academic institutions at home and around the world.
- Working with more than 60 universities, thousands of companies, and both federal and provincial governments, Mitacs builds partnerships that support industrial and social innovation in Canada.
- Mitacs is funded by the Government of Canada and every provincial government, along with industry and academic partners.
About the Communauté Université Grenoble Alpes:
- The Communauté Université Grenoble Alpes (ComUE UGA) brings together the higher education institutions and research organizations of the Alpine Valley (Université Grenoble Alpes, Grenoble INP, CNRS, Inria, CEA, ENSAG, Sciences Po Grenoble, USMB, ESAD, Grenoble EM, Irstea).
- The ComUE’s mission is to consolidate shared services, and since January 2016, the ComUE leads the "Initiative d'excellence" project, which strives to create a pluridisciplinary research and innovation university with an international standing, and with strong links to its region which will see the light of day on 1st January 2020.
For information about Mitacs and our programs, see mitacs.ca/newsroom.
Lise Dumasy, President and Professor, Communauté Université Grenoble Alpes, Patrick Lévy, President of Université Grenoble Alpes and Coordinator of Initiative d’Excellence (IDEX), and Alejandro Adem, CEO and Scientific Director, Mitacs, recognize the signing of the Comue Grenoble Alpes-Mitacs Globalink and Accelerate agreement enabling research partnerships between ComUE UGA and Canadian universities.