Innovate BC and Mitacs power tech start-up innovation
Vancouver, BC – Mitacs and Innovate BC announce a partnership to support tech start-ups across British Columbia with strategic investments, a skilled workforce, and networking opportunities.
The objective is to increase innovation and growth through the implementation of cutting-edge research and establishing strong connections between postsecondary institutions and BC’s tech businesses.
Innovate BC helps innovators in BC access funding, launch their ideas, and connect with the experts they need to build great companies. Mitacs powers growth and innovation in Canada by solving business challenges with research solutions from the best academic institutions at home and around the world.
This partnership serves as a catalyst through which BC startups can solve R&D challenges. They will be connected with talent, funding, and research partners allowing them to scale and be more competitive at home and abroad.
To learn more about these opportunities, please communicate with Sarah Fernando, Business Development Specialist. Working in concert with both organizations, she supports business growth and innovation.
Alejandro Adem, CEO and Scientific Director, Mitacs
“Mitacs is pleased to partner with Innovate BC to promote innovation and growth in BC’s technology sector. Together we will help BC start-ups optimize innovation and outcomes with the resources and partners needed to scale and compete.”
Raghwa Gopal, President and CEO, Innovate BC
“Industry and academic collaborations bring innovative ideas from the white board to the real world. Through our partnership with Mitacs, we’ll be able to better support BC-based researchers and companies while accelerating the commercialization of cutting-edge innovation that improves the lives of British Columbians.”
Mitacs quick facts:
- Mitacs is a not-for-profit organization that fosters growth and innovation in Canada for business and academia. Working with 60 universities, thousands of companies, and both federal and provincial governments, Mitacs builds partnerships that support industrial and social innovation in Canada.
- Open to all disciplines and all industry sectors, projects can span a wide range of areas, including manufacturing, business processes, IT, social sciences, design, and more.
- Mitacs is funded by the Government of Canada and the Government of British Columbia, along with every other province, industry and not-for-profit partners, and academic partners.
Innovate BC quick facts
- Innovate BC is a Crown Agency of the Province of British Columbia. They connect BC innovators to government funding, resources, and support.
- Innovate BC programs and initiatives serve and celebrate innovation in British Columbia, helping industries grow, while ensuring the benefits of our thriving technology sector are felt by people in all regions of the province.
For more information about Mitacs and its programs, see www.mitacs.ca
For more information about Innovate BC and its initiatives, see www.innovatebc.ca