Innovative organizations partner on annual Mitacs Awards
Ottawa, ON — Eight leading organizations in technology, entrepreneurship, and business excellence are partnering on the eighth annual Mitacs Awards — a celebration of research and innovation excellence held on November 27 in Ottawa.
During the event, up-and-coming researchers and innovation leaders will receive recognition for their ground-breaking work conducted through Mitacs-funded internship and fellowship programs, in partnership with Canadian industry.
The supporters and partners of the 2018 Mitacs Awards are:
Ciena, a global leader in telecommunications networking software, equipment, and services.
Element AI, the premier company for artificial intelligence applications in finance, insurance, and retail.
Shaw Centre and Ottawa Tourism
The National Research Council of Canada
The Hill Times
Alejandro Adem, Chief Executive Officer and Scientific Director, Mitacs
“The Mitacs Awards celebrate achievements in collaboration and innovation in Canada. Therefore, it’s only fitting to partner with these eight companies to present the awards, for each demonstrates excellence in their field but also in the values and ideals that these awards represent. We are grateful for their partnership.”
- Mitacs is a national not-for-profit organization, led by Canadian universities, that has designed and delivered research and training programs in Canada for 20 years.
- Working with more than 60 universities, thousands of companies, and federal and provincial governments, Mitacs builds partnerships that support industrial and social innovation in Canada.
- Mitacs is funded by the Government of Canada and each of the provinces, as well as Canadian universities and international partners.
- For information about Mitacs and our programs, see mitacs.ca/newsroom
- To register for the Mitacs Awards, visit https://www.mitacs.ca/en/events/2018-mitacs-awards