Mitacs announces co-location with Startup Canada for entrepreneurial hub in Ottawa
Ottawa, ON — Mitacs, a national not-for-profit research and training organization, announced the opening of a new office, co-locating with Startup Canada at 56 Sparks Street in Ottawa, Ontario.
Supporting Startup Canada’s initiative to build a multi-organizational entrepreneur hub in Ottawa, Mitacs is sharing the space with Startup Canada, the Women’s Enterprise Organizations of Canada (WEOC), and other organizations. The new office builds on Mitacs’ ongoing partnership with Startup Canada to promote innovation and entrepreneurship in Canada.
Mitacs’ Ottawa expansion adds to the organization’s national presence with current offices in Montreal, Toronto, Vancouver, and 15 locations in universities across the country.
Alejandro Adem, CEO and Scientific Director, Mitacs
“We are excited to announce our new Ottawa office in collaboration with Startup Canada. In addition to having a dedicated site for local Mitacs staff, the new space will support our Ottawa-based initiatives such as the Canadian Science Policy Fellowship, policy and announcement events, and our annual Mitacs Awards.”
Victoria Lennox, Co-founder and CEO, Startup Canada
“Startup Canada is proud to be partnering with Mitacs to build Canada into an Innovation Nation. Together, we share a culture and commitment for innovation and impact, and we believe in the importance of advancing entrepreneurship across Canada’s universities and colleges, fostering global opportunities, and cultivating skills for the future.”
- Mitacs is a national not-for-profit organization led by Canadian universities that has designed and delivered research and training programs in Canada for more than 18 years.
- Working with 60 universities, thousands of companies, and federal and provincial governments, Mitacs builds partnerships that support industrial and social innovation in Canada.
- Startup Canada is the leading national social enterprise supporting entrepreneurs through online programs, national awards, flagship events, and partnerships with the private sector and government, all to foster a community for start-up and small business success across the country.
- For information about Mitacs and our programs, see mitacs.ca/newsroom
- For more information on Startup Canada, visit www.startupcan.ca
- News release: Mitacs partners with Startup Canada on fourth annual awards
- News release: Mitacs to join Startup Canada Task Force