Mitacs Awards shine light on innovation brilliance; sponsors show great vision for 2020
Thanks to outstanding partner support, the tenth annual Mitacs Awards bring forward a showcase of research talent this coming Tuesday, November 24. The 2020 Mitacs Awards celebration recognizes eight award winners in the categories of Indigenous, international, master’s student, PhD student, postdoctoral fellow, commercialization, professor, and industry.
The 2020 Mitacs Awards event is brought to you by the following sponsors:
- Ciena, Platinum Partner
- NRC-IRAP, Event Supporter
- The Hill Times, Media Partner
- Sanofi Pasteur, Gold Sponsor
- Saab, Silver Sponsor
Over the past decade, the Mitacs Awards have grown to become one of Canada’s top research and innovation celebrations. The awards highlight outstanding examples of industry-academic collaborations and honour the remarkable accomplishments of Mitacs-funded interns, as well as industry and academic partners. The collaborations provide immediate and long-term benefits to Canada, helping to drive innovation through the COVID-19 pandemic and build resilience for future success.
All are welcome to attend the 2020 Mitacs Awards virtual ceremony:
What: Mitacs Awards — Recognizing breakthrough Canadian research
When: Tuesday, November 24, 2020
Time: 4–5 p.m. ET / 1–2 p.m. PT
Registration required: click here
- Mitacs is a not-for-profit organization that fosters growth and innovation in Canada by solving business challenges with research solutions from academic institutions.
- Mitacs is funded by the Government of Canada along with the Government of Alberta, the Government of British Columbia, Research Manitoba, the Government of New Brunswick, the Government of Newfoundland and Labrador, the Government of Nova Scotia, the Government of Ontario, Innovation PEI, the Government of Quebec, the Government of Saskatchewan, and the Government of Yukon.