Mitacs chosen as one of British Columbia’s Top Employers
Vancouver, BC — For the second year in a row, the editors of Canada’s Top 100 Employers named Mitacs one of British Columbia’s top employers. The 2019 award reflects excellence in social, financial, and professional aspects of the workplace and employee experience. In adjudicating the award, the editors consider factors such as health, financial, and family benefits; physical workplace; work atmosphere and social workplace; and skills development and training.
Mitacs, a national not-for-profit organization, was recognized for its commitment to creating a positive experience at all stages of employees’ lives and careers. Benefits such as a training and development allowance; paid health and wellness benefits, including support to access mental health resources; paid time off for new parents; and a group RRSP matching program set Mitacs apart from other BC employers.
Mitacs employees enjoy the benefits of active social committees, who plan office events such as puppy therapy and beer tasting, as well as monthly birthday celebrations. These committees prioritize giving employees the opportunity to give back to their community, and plan initiatives such as clothing and food drives for all employees to take part in.
Known as a leader in innovation, Mitacs recently introduced a sustainable commuting program that provides employees with financial incentives to cycle to work or use public transit to reduce their environmental impact.
Mitacs’s Vancouver office is in a LEED Silver-certified building with easy access to public transit, fitness centres, and other amenities adjacent to the University of British Columbia Point Grey campus.
In addition to its Vancouver office, Mitacs maintains offices in Toronto, Ottawa, and Montreal, as well as dozens of others at university campuses across the country. Mitacs provides its award-winning benefits to all employees across Canada.
Alejandro Adem, CEO and Scientific Director, Mitacs
“Employees excel when they feel appreciated and recognized for their efforts. We make it a priority to show our team that we appreciate the excellence they bring to the workplace.”
- Mitacs is a national not-for-profit celebrating 20 years of designing and delivering research and training programs in Canada.
- Working with 60 universities, thousands of companies, and federal and provincial governments, Mitacs builds partnerships that support industrial and social innovation in Canada.
- Mitacs has regional offices in Vancouver, Toronto, Ottawa, and Montreal with business development representatives across the country.
- For information about Mitacs and our programs, see mitacs.ca/newsroom.
- We invite you to join us at mitacs.ca/careers.