Mitacs leader selected for premier entrepreneurial launch program
Montreal, QC – Mitacs’ Vice-President of Business Development, Josette-Renée Landry, will be participating in the Founder Institute Montreal’s Fall Accelerator. Dr. Landry was granted the AI for Social Good fellowship from McGill University to take part in the program.
The Founder Institute is a premier start-up launch program for talented entrepreneurs. The organization aims to improve start-up success rates by providing entrepreneurs with expert training, critical objective feedback, and peer support during the critical early stages of company building.
As Vice-President of Business Development, Dr. Landry is responsible for cultivating relationships between industry, not-for-profit, and research organizations with Canadian universities through Mitacs programs. She is also involved in a number of Mitacs entrepreneurship activities, including leading Mitacs’ Accelerate Entrepreneur program, as well as managing relationships with university incubators.
Dr. Landry holds a PhD in Genetics from the University of British Columbia and a Master’s in Business Administration from HEC Montreal.
Alejandro Adem, CEO and Scientific Director, Mitacs
“We are so proud that Dr. Landry has been selected for the 2017 Founder Institute Montreal cohort. Through this experience, she will have the opportunity to gain new perspectives and further her knowledge of the entrepreneurship space in Canada.”
- Mitacs is a national, not-for-profit organization that has designed and delivered research and training programs in Canada for 17 years.
- Working with 60 universities, thousands of companies, and both federal and provincial governments, Mitacs builds partnerships that support industrial and social innovation in Canada.
- The Founder Institute is the world’s premier idea-stage accelerator and start-up launch program.
- For information about Mitacs and our programs, see http://mitacs.ca/newsroom.
- To learn more about the Founder Institute, see https://fi.co.