Partnership enables 200 new research exchange opportunities with France
Ottawa, ON — Mitacs and the Université de Bordeaux signed a partnership agreement today that increases research collaboration between Canada and France. The new four-year partnership supports up to 50 students per year across three Mitacs programs:
- Accelerate International enables graduate students or postdoctoral fellows from Canadian universities and the Université de Bordeaux to undertake a research internship with a company in the partner country
- The Globalink Research Internship enables senior undergraduate and M1 student visa-holders for technical programs from Université de Bordeaux to come to Canada for 16–24 week summer research internships, supervised by Canadian faculty
- Globalink Research Awards support senior undergraduate students, graduate students, or postdoctoral fellows from universities in Canada and the Université de Bordeaux to undertake a short-term research exchange, jointly supervised by faculty in Canada and the Université de Bordeaux
International research internships enable students and researchers opportunities to hone their skills in new environments, gain cultural fluency, expand their professional networks, and support a global economy.
The signing took place at the French Embassy in Ottawa.
The Honourable Navdeep Bains, Minister of Innovation, Science and Economic Development, Government of Canada
“We know that one of the best ways we can support young Canadian talent is by equipping them with the tools, skills and experiences they need to succeed in the jobs of tomorrow. This new expansion of the Mitacs programs in France will allow young Canadian researchers to learn critical skills that will help them succeed in today’s innovation-driven world.”
Alejandro Adem, CEO and Scientific Director, Mitacs
“I’m delighted to partner with the Université de Bordeaux to further research development. This agreement provides students with the opportunity to advance their professional capacity and global citizenship.”
- Mitacs is a not-for-profit organization that fosters growth and innovation in Canada for business and academia for more than 19 years.
- Working with more than 60 universities, thousands of companies, and both federal and provincial governments, Mitacs builds partnerships that support industrial and social innovation in Canada.
- Funded by the Government of Canada and Canadian universities, the Mitacs international research programs offer two-way opportunities between Canada and Mitacs partner countries for research exchanges.
- For information about Mitacs and our programs, see mitacs.ca/newsroom.
- For a full list of countries supporting travel and research opportunities from Canada through Mitacs visit www.mitacs.ca/globalink.