AI /Machine Learning Image Recognition and Consumer Behavior Prediction - BC-431
Preferred Disciplines: PhD, Post-Doc in Computer Science/Engineering specializing in Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, or similar field
Project length: 4-12 months
Approx. start date: As soon as possible
Location: Vancouver, BC
No. of Positions: 1-2
Preferences: Region: British Columbia or Ontario
Payment platform that allows users to make payments via their smartphone using QR codes and NFC, pay using virtual currencies, earn digital rewards, receive digital receipts and receive custom promotions and deals.
Summary of Project:
Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning project whereby images of paper containing text will be scanned and machine learning will be used to accurately retrieve the text from the images in a variety of environments and the data extracted will be used to predict and suggest preferred options for consumers when they next use the system.
- OCR implementation for paper-based documents
- Consumer behaviour analysis and prediction
- To be discussed with the researchers
Expertise and Skills Needed:
- Programming skills in various languages (C++, Scala, Java, R)
- Skills in Machine Learning, e.g., linear/logistics regression discriminant analysis,bagging, random forest, Bayesian model, SVM, neural networks, etc.
- Strong skills in the use of current state of the art machine learning frameworks
For more info or to apply to this applied research position, please