AI Optimized Staffing Software - BC-430
Preferred Disciplines: Computing science, statistics and math (Masters, PhD or Post-Doc)
Project length: 2-3 years
Approx. start date: As soon as possible
Location: Vancouver, BC
No. of Positions: 2-3
Preferences: Vancouver universities preferred, but any university is fine as long as the intern can travel to the partner site
Restaurant and catering managers constantly face the issue of finding qualified individuals to fill Shifts. Those looking for work face the daunting task of searching for open Shifts that meet their schedule, background, preferences & lifestyle. Our on-demand staffing solution immediately notifies mPloy individuals of available Shifts. They apply, the restaurant selects their applicant of choice, Shift information is shared with the successful applicant who then works the Shift. Both parties review and rate each other’s performance. mPloy does the rest, collecting from the restaurant and issuing payment as soon as 48 hours after Shift end.
Summary of Project:
A. Data Science
- We need an expert in AI to provide us some guidance on the type of data to be captured and the format to be stored in. We have approximately 40 fields that we capture for restaurant staff now but would like to know if there other types of data that we should harvest to add to our data store to enrich the source of data for analysis.
- For the next step, we need guidance on the selecting the right tools to provide a scalable solution for our market. At this stage, we are contemplating using a convolutional neural network (CNN) on Amazon’s AWS platform and are looking to use TensorFlow, but feedback from a skilled AI practitioner will be critical to our success.
- Once we have decided on the appropriate technology stack with our data science expert, we will need to work with the researcher to design, create and execute an appropriate algorithm to help provide us with deep insights into our marketplace.
- Finally, we are hoping that the data science expert will help us integrate the data insights to our solution so that we can provide near real time feedback to our customers so that can make the make informed and advantageous decisions.
B. Computer Science
- mPloy is built on the latest cloud solutions and services from 3 major cloud platforms (Azure, Amazon AWS and Google Cloud). We are looking for help from an expert in Cross-Cloud Integration, Security and Performance Optimization to review and provide guidance on the designs below:
- Best practices with respect to security controls of our business database, profile database, user directory, file storage, serverless APIs, web app and mobile app. The expert will help design a system so we are able to analyze the security of applications and services, discover and address security issues at massive scale, and quickly react to new threat scenarios.
- Best practice on near real-time data integration between different platforms with the highest scalability and stability. The expert will help us design a system so we can plan, assess, monitor and improve performance of every feature/function designed in the mPloy solution.
- The exact objectives are open for discussion
- To be discussed with the researchers
Expertise and Skills Needed:
- Experience with implementing ML
- Big data framwwork design and cloud server integration
For more info or to apply to this applied research position, please