Analysis of the Sport for Development and Youth Sport sectors’ capacity for effective measurement, evaluation and outcomes reporting - ON-140
Preferred Disciplines: Discipline: Tech, business, innovation, marketing, analytics. Level: Any
Project Length: 4-6 months
Desired start date: As soon as possible
Location: Toronto, Ontario
No. of Positions: 1
Preferences: Prefer to work with Ryerson University but any insitution with relevant expertise is acceptable.
About the Company:
We are a foundation affiliated with a sports team acting to allow youth facing barriers to have increased access to quality sport opportunities through provision of funds for space builds/refurbishments, partner sport and sport for develpoment programming, and delivery of proprietary sport programming. As we function as both a funder and a program provider, developing a robust measurement and evaluation framework to assess the impact of youth sport is a priority for our organization. We are building a digital infrastructure to support measurement and evaluation for sport for development and youth sport organizations to promote alignment of impact metrics and provide a data collection/analysis solution for smaller organizations.
A digital infrastracture tool was developed to support robust measurment, evaluation and data collection, which has to date been tested and refined in over 200 programs. Through initial feedback, there is interest in the tool being part of a broader sector solution to help improve the capacity for evaluation among organizations and providers of sport for development programming. Priority research needs at this time to include an objective analysis of the demand for the product, with the goal of undertanding the market and value of the digital tool to the sport for development sector. The expected research itself will consist of a mixed methods approach involving an environmental scan, survey of organizations, and key stakeholder interviews.
- Define the size and breadth of the sport for development and youth sport sectors in Canada
- Assessment of need regarding which sector organizations or programs would benefit the most from additional support or tools to address measurement and evaluation accountabilities
- Assessment of capacity regarding what (if any) measurement and evaluation tools are currently being utilized, readiness and capacity of organizations to implement a new digital solution
- Recommendations for priority jurisdictions or market segments/prospects within the named sectors in Canada
With the supervision and support from foundation staff:
- Environmental scan – Through literature reviews and mixed data collection methods, define and document and size and scope of the sport for development and youth sport sectors in Canada
- Surveys – Support the implementation of a stakeholder survey of organizations and programs on the theme of evaluation related need and implementation capacity
- Interviews – Administer targeted individual, telephone and small group interviews or discussions to develop a deeper understanding of their relative capacity
- Analysis – Analysis of the data and feed back acquired through the mixed data collection approaches above, for the purpose of developing actionable insights and recommendations
Expertise and Skills Needed:
- Data collection and analysis
- Interview skills – including telephone, individual and group facilitation
- Data visulation and report writing
- Experience or understanding of non profits and program evaluation is preferred
For more info or to apply to this applied research position, please
Check your eligibility and find more information about open projects.
Complete this webform. You will be asked to upload your CV. Remember to indicate the title of the project(s) you are interested in and obtain your professor’s approval to proceed!
Interested students need to get the approval from their supervisor and send their CV along with a link to their supervisor’s university webpage by applying through the webform