BCNET Stakeholder Research and Engagement Strategy - BC-367
Preferred Disciplines: Communications or similar. Desired level: Master or Post-Doctoral
Project length: 4 to 6 months (1 unit)
Desired start date: As soon as possible
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia
No. of Positions: 1
Preferences: Language : English
BCNET is a not-for-profit, shared information technology services organization that represents the interests of our members–colleges, universities and research institutes in British Columbia. We continuously engage with our members to explore, evaluate and develop solutions that meet their unique needs. Our aim is to build value through collaboration, drive down costs, maximize efficiencies and further the mission of our members.
In 2017, BCNET developed a five-year strategic roadmap in collaboration with our Board of Directors and higher education member community. The Strategic Roadmap outlines three areas of strategic focus: Member Services, Stakeholder Relations and the BCNET Organization.
For this proposal, we are looking for assistance in facilitating the development of a comprehensive and actionable stakeholder engagement and relations strategy. The project requires research/assessment/analysis of existing stakeholders with an actionable plan.
The plan should provide a clearly defined process to map, define and assess BCNET’s current stakeholders, assess their pain points, understand and manage stakeholder expectations, define the current state, outline the desired state and conduct a gap analysis.
The research project outcome is a comprehensive analysis of BCNET stakeholders along with an action plan/calendar of activities. The action plan will clearly define activities and accountability for stakeholder engagement that would have the biggest impact on BCNET’s strategies and operations.
Background and required skills
As the leading higher education shared services organization in Canada, our goal is to better engage targeted stakeholders to impact/support/enhance our key strategies and initiatives.
By Improving stakeholder relations, BCNET’s required output/goals are to:
- Enhance engagement/buy-in/support to drive BCNET future direction for the development of shared services
- Garner better member/sector-wide support for key shared services initiatives
- Improve service adoption across the higher education sector in B.C.
- Enhance responsiveness to sector needs
The approach may include but is not limited to:
- Understanding of BCNET and review of 2015 & 2017 member satisfaction survey results
- Research/assess current defined stakeholders and level of influence on BCNET’s success
- Engage/ facilitate disscussion/interviews with BCNET management team to assess stakeholders
- Research synopsis/written summary of interview/research findings with presentation to management
- In collaboration with management, document/assess stakeholders level of engagement, capability, awareness, expectations, pain points, the ‘as is’ or ‘current state’ and ‘desired state’
- Score stakeholders awareness, readiness and support for BCNET’s initiatives and services, the ‘target’ (desired) levels of these categories and any gaps between the ‘as is’ and ‘target’, as well as each stakeholders level of influence over BCNET.
- Gap analysis of current and desired state
- Create a detailed action plan in support of key strategies, areas of focus and key initiatives
- Creat a comprehensive communications and engagement calendar, organized and prioritized stakeholders, identified approach, requirement of what stakeholders need from BCNET and what we need from them, timing, ownership/accountability and objectives
Expertise and Skills Needed:
- Strategic Communications
- Facilitation skills
- Stakeholder engagement expertise
For more info or to apply to this applied research position, please