Cannabis Extracts for the Treatment and Prevention of Metastasis - BC-405
Preferred Disciplines: Biopharmaceuticals, Biotechnology, Biochemistry (Masters or PhD)
Project length: Minimum 4 months (1 unit)
Approx. start date: As soon as possible
Location: Whistler, BC and Pemberton, BC
No. of Positions: 1+
We are a cannabis research and emerging biopharmaceutical company. We create cannabis extracts tailored to treat specific conditions and bring them through clincial trials. We have an exclusive partnership with a licensed medical cannabis producer, and we are screening over 20 different types of cannabis extracts for their efficacy in human patients.
Summary of Project:
Current pre-clincial evidence demonstrates that cannabis extracts as well as specific cannabiniods have anti-neoplastic properities. We hypothesize that cannabis extracts having a mixture of three main cannabiniods, THC, CBD and CBG, along with retained terpenes will be effective, anti-neoplastic agents. We want to engage with researchers and students to conduct an observational study on human patients and conduct basic research on its mechanistic actions and potentency over purified and isolated cannabiniods.
- Analyze the role that specific cannabiniods (THC, CBD, and CBG) along with retained terpenes have on metastasis
- Investigate the synergestic role of terpenes and cannabinoids on metastasis
- Understand mechanistic actions of cannabiniods (THC, CBD, and CBG) and potency on the treatment and prevention of metastasis
- Develop and plan potential medical cannabis medication for the treatment and prevention of metastasis based on data results and further research
Conduct an observational study with 26 consented patients in a clinic and/or hospital setting.
Expertise and Skills Needed:
- Must have prior experience organizing, coordinating, recruiting and following up with patients
- Proficient project management, and organizational skills
- Experience managing sensitive data
- Excellent proficiency with Microsoft Office, SPSS or another statistics software
- Excellent prior knowledge of cannabis, cannabiniods and the endocannabiniod system and the regulatory framework associated with medical cannabis
- Prior experience in leading a reseach team, and partaking in all steps of research including ethics, proposals, and knowledge translation
- Experience in Clinical Trials (CTA-HC) and patient liason or mointoring.
- Effective communicaiton skills in oral and/or written form to both internal and external audience
- Cooperative, and team-oriented and ability to work with tight deadlines while maintaining high standards.
For more info or to apply to this applied research position, please