Engineering the assembly of high-trust mentorship small groups - AB-050
Preferred Disciplines: Psychology (Master's or PhD student)
Project length: 4-6 months (1 unit). Potential for more.
Desired start date: As soon as possible
Location: Calgary, AB
No. of Positions: 1
LevellingUp is a people-helping-people business with a mission to raise up the next generation of leaders. We’re doing this because today’s growing leaders do not have an effective & affordable way to master leadership skills.
Observing the trend that personal coaching is the second-fastest growing industry globally, LevellingUp facilitates human-to-human mentorship and coaching in a world that where knowledge has become a commodity. Approximately 75% of organizations report a soft skills gap in their employees, and studies show that interpersonal skills, and not knowledge, are now the greatest predictor of a leader’s success.
LevellingUp connects Seekers (growing leaders) with the proven Sages (mentors/coaches) who help them develop their skills. We do this in small-group videoconferences, providing an accessible & affordable way for our future leaders to be equipped with the leadership soft skills they need to succeed.
Each Sage meets regularly with one or more groups of 5-8 Seekers from anywhere across the globe - providing them with ongoing feedback as they put leadership knowledge into practice. The group's subject matter is decided by the Sage and drawn from her experience, and the Sage decides what rate to charge for their time.
LevellingUp assembles groups of 5-8 Seekers (learners) and one Sage (coach, mentor, teacher) in separate groups. These groups meet for 1 hour each week for 8-12 successive weeks. Psychological safety within each group is key to fostering an environment in which Seekers can be vulnerable and can grow their skills as they receive feedback from the Sage. Project shall establish criteria required to effectively match Sage to Seeker, and to match Seeker to Seeker, such that high-trust Accelerator Groups are consequently formed.
- Identify criteria that predicts if members of a specific group will experience a high degree of psychological safety. LevellingUp will use these criteria to train our matching algorithm.
- Identify a minimal list of interview questions that address the criteria for psychological safety. Seekers & Sages must answer these questions before being added to a group. LevellingUp will use Seeker & Sage answers to these questions as input data to our matching algorithm.
- Identify means by which degree of psychological safety within a given group can be monitored. This will allow the predictive criteria and interview questions to be revised as more data is gathered.
- To be discussed with the researcher
Expertise and Skills Needed:
- Research experience with psychology, mentorship, leadership
For more info or to apply to this applied research position, please