Financial Predictions and Recommendations - ON-180
Preferred Disciplines: Computer Science, Data Science, Statistics, with a nice to have of a speciality in the finance vertical (Masters or PhD)
Project Length: 4-6 months (1 unit)
Desired start date: February 2019
Location: Toronto or Waterloo, ON
No. of Positions: 2
Preferences: University of Ontario Institute of Technology, University of Toronto, University of Waterloo, Ryerson University - but we will consider any geographic location
About the Company:
Betterworth is a cognitive AI platform for the financial services industry. We help improve the relationships and financial outcomes between advisors and their clients.
We require assistance with the creation of our machine learning training and algorithms for financial predictions and recommendations.
Datasets analyzed are both financial and non-financial and come from three source categories - the client, the financial institution, and public/market data. All sources will be aggregated, retrieved and transmitted from a blockchain distributed ledger repository and/or an encrypted big data repository through the data pipelines to the downstream GCP (Google - API, AutoML and/or TensorFlow) based AI layer.
The AI layer will aggregate, train, and execute the proprietary financial predictions algorithm. Once complete, it will transmit, through the data pipelines, the financial recommendations and predictions in a MERN technology stack presentation layer for the client.
- Advising which machine learning models should be utilized and how best to train the data sets.
- To recommend right financial solutions to client based on the individuals financial and non-financial data inputs.
- To identify predictions based on trending and analysis of the client data from a variety of sources.
- Google GCP
- Google Cloud AI
- Hadoop, Hortonworks and EZFlow(Aiotal)
- Google Machine learning API, AutoML and TensorFlow.
- Google BigQuery
Expertise and Skills Needed:
- Multi class support vector machines
- Neural Networks
- Sentiment analysis
- Natural Language Processing
- Image classification
- Speech to Text
For more info or to apply to this applied research position, please