Health Population Statistics Database Management and Development - BC-355
Preferred Disciplines: Statistics
Project length: 4-12 months (1 or 2 units)
Desired start date: As soon as possible
Location: Vancouver, BC
No. of Positions: 1
Preferences: Language: English
Company: BPI, Inc.
BPI Inc. is an international consulting, IT and data services group that specializes in the financial services, manufacturing, resource and healthcare industries. BPI provides decades of expertise advising clients in all aspects of their businesses allowing them to focus on their core competencies while ensuring the best strategies are in place.
The partner organization maintains a complex health population dataset detailing ‘covered lives’ (insurance beneficiaries) across the United States across a variety of markets / insurance programs.
The intern will review our methodology for gathering, compiling and analyzing covered lives population data. This will involve:
- Identifying and reconciling both new and existing data sources to conform to a singe logical structure for analysis and manipulation
- Troubleshooting duplication issues, including working with our software development team to address/resolve/mitigate issues
- Update existing data for 2017/2018 and develop a comprehensive maintenance plan
- Review utilization of covered lives across our site, and in deliverables, to devise best practices for using data to meet client needs
Background and required skills
To review and revise our model for health data population statistics of patients covered by insurance in the US (covered lives)
- To be determined
Expertise and Skills Needed:
- Population data analysis
- Data visualization an asset
For more info or to apply to this applied research position, please