Hybrid sampling with quantum annealing - BC-380
Preferred Disciplines: Physics, Master or PhD
Project length: 12-18 months (3 units)
Desired start date: as soon as possible
Location: Burnaby, British Columbia
No. of Positions: 1
Preferences: UBC or SFU. Language : English
Company: D-Wave Systems Inc.
Founded in 1999, D-Wave Systems is the world's first quantum computing company and the leader in the development and delivery of quantum computing systems and software. Our mission is to unlock the power of quantum computing to solve the world's most challenging problems. Our systems are being used by world-class organizations and institutions including Lockheed Martin, Google, NASA, USC, USRA, Los Alamos National Laboratory, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Volkswagen, and many others. D-Wave has been granted over 160 U.S. patents and has published over 100 peer-reviewed papers in leading scientific journals.
Develop an algorithm for sampling from high dimensional probability distributions by means of combined classical and quantum methods.
Background and required skills
- Improve sampling accuracy by means of hybrid-methods
- Improve performance of sampling by means of quantum annealing
- Combined non-local state-updates and markov processes with quantum annealing
- Utilize replica exchange and powerful sampling methods
Expertise and Skills Needed:
- Programming with python and C++
- Condensed matter physics and/or computational physics
For more info or to apply to this applied research position, please