Linguistic Data Science for the development of business corpus - QC-088
Preferred Disciplines: Data Linguistics Scientist, MSc or PhD level
Company: Winning Acuity Inc
Project Length: 4 months
Desired start date: Flexibility: from 2nd of November 2016 to 30th of November latest
Location: Montreal, QC/Toronto, ON & London (UK)
No. of Positions: 1
Preferences: Montreal or Toronto
About the Company:
Winning Acuity Inc. is a subsidiary of Winning Acuity Ltd., a London based company which operates since 2012. Our vision is to simplify performance and achievement in business. We incorporate techniques and strategies from the fields of neuropsychology, cognitive neuroscience, behavioural theories and neuro economics in order to create a stronger positive impact to business teams.
Our research is based upon decades of consulting experience in team performance. We are aiming to combine NLP with acoustic speech analysis to understand and improve team efficiency. The Linguistic Data Scientist will help on processing and analyzing audio and its derived transcribed text to extract semantic information that will be used to calibrate and further develop our algorithms.
As a core member of our team, the Linguistic Data Scientist will get hands-on experience in the full development lifecycle. This is an opportunity to learn, earn and grow within our team with a strong probability for a chance to stay on board after the internship ends.
- Develop and expand corpus
- Analyse audio and extract semantic information
- Design models that will further enhance our algorithms
- Will be indicated from the CTO according on the skills of the candidate
Expertise and Skills Needed:
- Proficiency in data science and analytics, including statistical analysis and A/B testing
- Experience designing, conducting, analyzing, and interpreting experiments and investigations
- Expertise in various facets of machine learning and natural language processing; such as classification, feature engineering, information extraction, structured prediction, clustering, semi-supervised learning, topic modeling, and ranking
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, creativity, organizational, design, and communication skills; ability to interact with all levels of engineers
- Experience with NLP libraries like Stanford CoreNLP, OpenNLP, NLTK etc.
- Knowledge of statistical data analysis and experience with statistical software such as R or Matlab.
- Desire and ability to manage multiple projects with strict deadlines
Would also be nice to have:
- Programming skills in Ruby, Python or Java.
- Ability to benchmark, understand and improve new NLP and deep learning algorithms.
For more info or to apply to this applied research position, please