Live Anywhere Instantly: Sensors - ON-137
Preferred Disciplines: Chemical engineering, environmental engineering, nanotechnology, mechanical engineering, and biochemistry -Masters
Project Length: 4-6 months
Desired start date: ASAP
Location: Vancouver, B.C and surrounding areas and Toronto, ON and surrounding areas
No. of Positions: 1
About the Company:
The company is on a mission to overturn 6000 years of systems thinking on its head by changing the way people access water and septic; therefore, making it possible to live anywhere. The company is foreign funded and is run more like a Silicon Valley start-up than a Canadian tech venture. Our team has over 200 years combined knowledge running start ups and tier-one brands.
We are building environmental systems for stand-alone off-grid housing. Our specific focus is on decentralized water and septic recycling and residences that can operate with no infrastructure of any kind, on any terrain without any site improvements or modifications with almost no environmental impact.
Wastewater recycling, energy recapture, creating biological systems that are stable and assist in the removal of nitrate and phosphate. Filtration (membrane) technology for human waste.
Our objectives are to optimize our systems and to compensate for any deficiencies
- We want find out what is in the black water and which additives are the most efficent to break down those particles
- Looking to figure out composition of the liquids, monitor them and access the detergents
- Want to know how to best control the functionality of the system with sensor plate
- We will quantify and manipulate with additives
- Figure out the composition of an anerobic tank to feed bugs and speed up the production of methane
- Test under multiple climate conditions (cold, hot, etc.) and locations on site and remotely
- Correlate the data found and simulate environment
Expertise and Skills Needed:
- Ability to work with basic knowledge and skills for discipline and basic proficiency.
- Ability to be a self-starter and have a curious mind.
- Design skills a plus
For more info or to apply to this applied research position, please
Check your eligibility and find more information about open projects.
Complete this webform. You will be asked to upload your CV. Remember to indicate the title of the project(s) you are interested in and obtain your professor’s approval to proceed!
Interested students need to get the approval from their supervisor and send their CV along with a link to their supervisor’s university webpage by applying through the webform or directly to Rebecca Bourque at, rbourque(at)mitacs.ca.