Machine Learning and Optimization Techniques for Analyzing Financial Data - QC-126
Preferred Disciplines: Computer Science, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Statistics (PhD)
Company: Squarepoint Technologies
Project Length: 4-6 months (1 unit)
Desired start date: As soon as possible
Location: Montreal, QC
No. of Positions: 1
Preferences: Language: English. Preference for interns in Montreal
Squarepoint is a systematic investment manager that has deep expertise in quantitative trading, technology, and operations. We seek to achieve high quality, uncorrelated returns for our clients and develop model-based investment strategies through rigorous scientific research. As a data-driven firm, technology is critical to our success and we design, build, and operate our own state of the art systems, from high performance automated trading platforms to large scale data science and compute farms.
We have a strong learning culture and construct our teams to succeed without borders, emphasizing true collaboration between disciplines and offices around the world.
One of the main tasks of the Data Science team at Squarepoint is to perform research and incorporate Machine Learning techniques to improve or create trading strategies. In this project, the intern’s responsibilities include building tools to help explore data, doing research and running machine learning algorithms to improve existing strategies, presenting research results, and implementing alpha processes for production. The main emphasis of this project is on using state-of-the-art Machine Learning (including Deep Learning) methods as well as Optimization techniques to analyze large amount of data.
- Research and implement strategies within the firm’s automated trading framework
- Analyze large data sets using advanced statistical methods to identify trading opportunities
- Develop a strong understanding of market structure of various exchanges and asset classes
- To be determined
Expertise and Skills Needed:
- Experience with Machine Learning algorithms and feature generation and processing techniques
- Familiarity with Deep Learning models
- Familiarity with Optimization techniques
- Proficiency with Python
- Critical thinking: ability to track down complex data and engineering issues, evaluate different algorithmic approaches, and analyze data to solve problems
For more info or to apply to this applied research position, please