Machine Learning for Customer Behavior Analysis and Shopping Recommender for Licensed Cannabis Industry - BC-433
Preferred Disciplines: Graduate Students in Computer Science/Engineering/Math/Statistics specializing in Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Analytics or similar field
Project length: 4-12 months
Approx. start date: As soon as possible
Location: Vancouver, BC
No. of Positions: 1-2
Preferences: British Columbia or Ontario-based students
Clearleaf develops innovative technology solutions for the Canadian licensed cannabis industry. Our flagship product, Buddi, allows licensed producers to market their products within retailer stores, and retailers to leverage content from those producers to help educate & service customers.
Summary of Project:
The purpose of this project is to implement a shopping experience for cannabis consumers. The automated system will help the customer to select the products/retailers based on learning their behavior and recommending the best options and it will navigate them through the purchase process.
- Research & development of a retailer suggestion algorithm - based on customer shopping habits, this system would find other products that would be a good fit for that customer, then recommend the products to them to purchase.
- Research & development of a QR code shopping cart builder - customers could use a QR scanning application to add products in the physical store to a digital shopping cart. The cart would then send to an integrated point-of-sale system for fulfillment.
- Research & development of a cannabis order-ahead application that allows customers to place orders online, then pick them up in-store.
- Research & development of a cannabis rating/review application.
- To be discussed with the researchers
Expertise and Skills Needed:
- Skills in Machine Learning and artificial intelligence algorithm implementation
- Skills in software development terminology
For more info or to apply to this applied research position, please