Making use of large scale behavioral data: Predicting user attrition and growth from cross platform patterns of user engagement - ON-224
Preferred Disciplines: Computational Sciences or Quantitative Social Sciences (PhD Candidate Preferred)
Company: FreshBooks Cloud Accounting
Project Length: 1 year
Desired start date: As soon as possible
Location: Toronto, ON
No. of Positions: 1
Preferences: Preference for individuals who are in the local area or are willing to relocate temporarily to Toronto
About the Company:
FreshBooks is the #1 cloud-based invoicing and accounting platform for self-employed professionals and their teams. Entrepreneurs in +120 countries access its invoice, project, time, and expense management applications to simply and easily run their businesses. Its general ledger, bank reconciliation, and financial statements offerings provide the foundation for clients and their accountants as they grow.
The individual collaborating with us on this project will explore ways to leverage large scale behavioral data to extract inferences about user engagement, needs and identitfy predictors of user attrition and growth. The intern will have the opportunity to create and test novel hypotheses about our users’ behavior and generate insights and understanding about our users, customers and the larger SMB community.
- Develop and deliver on an independent program of research (in close collaboration with FreshBooks’ product analytics and data science teams) to identify patterns of user behavior that predict key business outcomes.
- Develop processes through which inferences about behaviour are extracted from front end event data and other indicators or user engagement.
- Evaluate data for novel insights about the causes and consequences of engagement, user growth and user attrition
- Work with product leaders to create action and inform organizational decision making
To be determined in collaboration with the intern and our teams based on the specfic questions being evaluted
Expertise and Skills Needed:
- Ability to solve complex ambiguous problems using data and communicate results to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Expertise in analytics and working with large scale behavioral data
- Expertise in machine learning/data science
- Experience working with product engagement data is an asset
- Expertise in processing and drawing insights from mobile sensor data is an asset
For more info or to apply to this applied research position, please