Market prediction using NLP and news data - ON-190
Preferred Disciplines: Computer Science, Electrical, Statistic , Industrial & mechanical (PhD or Post-Doc)
Project Length: 4-6 months (1 unit)
Desired start date: 2nd week of January 2019
Location: Toronto, ON
No. of Positions: 3
Preferences: Vector Institute, UofT, York Uni. Ryerson Uni., MaRS Discovery , MILA
About the Company:
Our Team consist of Forex Traders, Computer engineers and business consultants
Activity and price trend in list of bids markets is highly influenced by NEWS. In this project, we are interested in training a deep learning model that is able to predict the market trend given the NEWS feed. In the beginning, we will focus only on one currency pair in the FX market.
- Training a deep market trend predictor using famous NEWS feeds such as Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters, etc.
- Training a market trend predictor using social media feeds.
- Deep learning and natural language processing
Expertise and Skills Needed:
- Programming: Python, Tensorflow, Pytorch, C++(optional)
- Machine learning: Deep learning, NLP
For more info or to apply to this applied research position, please