PDF - Synthesis of modified dNTPs for enzyme DNA synthesis - ON-179
Preferred Disciplines: Biotechnology, Organic Synthesis, Nucleotide Synthesis (Post-Doc)
Company: Spindle Biotech Inc.
Project Length: 4-6 months (1 unit)
Desired start date: As soon as possible
Location: Toronto, ON
No. of Positions: 1
Preferences: Southeastern Ontario Universities (Toronto, Scarborough). This posting is looking for a PDF to work with Dr. Bernie Kraatz at the University of Toronto Scarborough.
About the Company:
Spindle Biotech is working on the next generation DNA synthesis using enzyme technology. Our product is a Benchtop DNA Synthesizer with consumable synthesis cartridges. The synthesizer will be installed in research laboratories for a rapid turnaround of long synthetic DNA.
We are currently developing 3’-modified deoxyribonucleoside 5'-triphosphates (3’-modified dNTPs) for our enzyme DNA synthesis platform. We need a scientist to help us develop the said modified bases.
- Synthesize 3’-modified dNTPs for enzyme DNA synthesis purposes (For example, please read SI Appendix of “Reconstructed evolutionary adaptive paths give polymerases accepting reversible terminators for sequencing and SNP detection” F. Chen, E. A. Gaucher, et al., 2010)
- Develop novel 3’ and 4’ protecting groups
- To be determined
Expertise and Skills Needed:
- Candidate should have expertise in organic synthesis
- Candidate should be able to scale up and troubleshoot existing protocols
- Candidate should have experience working with standard laboratory equipment and specialized instruments such as Preparative HPLC, Flash Chromatography or NMR
- Candidate should communicate effectively in writing and orally
For more info or to apply to this applied research position, please