Post-Doc - Enhancing the understanding of the efficacy of probiotics strains - QC-180
Preferred Disciplines: Microbiology, Health Sciences, Biostatistics (Post-Doc)
Project length: 12 months (2-3 units)
Approx. start date: As soon as possible
Location: Montreal, QC
No. of Positions: 1
Company: Lallemand Health Solutions
The company located in Montreal, Quebec, performs research, produces and commercializes probiotic microbes for use as dietary supplements and potential therapeutic applications. The company is of one of the leading global producers and among the most scientifically active.
Summary of Project:
Lallemand has been working towards developing probiotics strains to target various human health areas. This project aims to enhance our understanding of the efficacy of our microbes through various preclinical and clinical studies.
- Lead the biostatistics portion of clinical studies, collaborating with the project team and bioinformaticians.
- Contribute to development of the statistical analysis plan to include statistical methodology, statistical programming procedures, definition of derived variables, data-handling rules and mockups.
- Contribute to protocol development through sample size calculations and statistical sections.
- Develope SAS programs and macros utilities pertaining to clinical trials
- Develope randomization program for clinical studies.
- Independent peer review of statistical deliverables, e.g., protocols, Statistical Analysis Plans, Tables, Figures and Patient Data Listings, statistical reports, Clinical Study Reports.
- Meta analysis to identify microbiome alterations associated with perturbation and host physiological changes.
- To be discussed
Expertise and Skills Needed:
- PhD in statistics subject, preferably with a strong medical statistics component
- SAS or R proficiency including use of a variety of statistical procedures, e.g., nonparametric analysis, linear and non-linear models, categorical data and survival analysis and forcasting.
- High level of literacy – able to write reports and manuscripts in clear, accurate and concise language
- Ability to adhere to strict guidelines and codes of practice.
- Ability to train colleagues and explain statistical concepts to non-statisticians
- Desire to constantly learn and take on new challenge
For more info or to apply to this applied research position, please