Predicting Micro Trends in Toronto’s Condo Market - ON-186
Preferred Disciplines: Economics with a strong background in statistics (Masters or PhD)
Company: Realosophy Realty Inc
Project Length: 4-6 months (1 unit)
Desired start date: As soon as possible
Location: Toronto, ON
No. of Positions: 1
About the Company:
Realosophy Realty is a residential real estate brokerage in Toronto that focuses on modeling micro trends in the housing market to help consumers make more informed real estate decisions. Realosophy’s analyiss of Toronto’s housing market has been shared with government organizations like the IMF, Bank of Canada and Finance Canada.
There is signficant variation in the rate of change in house prices across neighbourhoods within the same city. But even within the same neighbourhood, different condo buildings can see very different rates of change in their values.
What are some of the factors that lead one condo building to see values rise faster or slower than others? Can these factors offer us some clues into whether a particular condo building is more likely to see values outperform or underperform the market in the years ahead?
- The researcher will need to clean, process and import new datasets into the partner organization’s existing data structure.
- The reseacher will work with the partner organization in developing a model that aims to capture the factors that explain the heterogeneity in condo price appreciation across buildings.
- The researcher will work with the partner organization in developing the methodology
Expertise and Skills Needed:
- Experience with SQL Server
- SQL programming experience
- Experience with statistical sofware like R, Stata etc
For more info or to apply to this applied research position, please