Real time streaming predictive analytics - ON-081
Preferred Disciplines: Software/Computer engineering and Computer Science : Master, PhD and Post-Doc.
Company: Predikat Inc.
Project Length: 8-18 months
Desired start date: Summer 2017
Location: Kitchener or Ottawa /ON
No. of Positions: 3-4
Preferences: UBC, Ontario based Universities, McGill University. Language preference: English
About the Company:
Predikat is an Ontario based high tech venture focused on real time predictive analytics for network resource optimization.
The company is searching for experts in analysis of streaming data coming from connected devices (IoT) and distributed computing/analytics (Edge). The research will be focused on the above given expertise.
The project can be divided up to 3 objectives :
- Engineering and deployment of distributed computing which includes :
- Exploring and deploying streaming platforms
- Distributing analytics capabilities across 3 main points: the device, IoT gateways and the Cloud
- Curation and preparation of the streaming data for the distributed analysis
- Developing and enhancing scalable and adaptive machine learning and anomaly detection algorithms to perform analysis on streaming data
- Automating some of data preparation tasks, that includes streaming and latent data
- Exploring how to automate decision making on data collected from the device before it travels to the Cloud
- Transforming many data streams into few
- Creating additional data features to enrich current data sets
- Exploring and deploying distributed analytics (Edge) on the connected device, IoT gateways and the cloud
- Exploring and running variations of adaptive machine learning algorithms and scaling them up (parallelization)
- To be defined
Expertise and Skills Needed:
- Machine learning
- Artificial intelligence
- Distributed computing and architectures
- Apache Spark, Flink, Storm
- Unstructured data mining
For more info or to apply to this applied research position, please
- Check your eligibility and find more information about open projects.
- Complete this webform. You will be asked to upload your CV. Remember to indicate the title of the project(s) you are interested in and obtain your professor’s approval to proceed!
- Interested students need to get the approval from their supervisor and send their CV along with a link to their supervisor’s university webpage by applying through the webform or directly to Jesse Vincent-Herscovici jvh(a)mitacs.ca