Sales and Commercialization Internship - BC-436
Preferred Disciplines: MBA, background in technology
Project length: 1 year
Approx. start date: As soon as possible
Location: Vancouver, BC
No. of Positions: 1
Preferences: UBC, SFU
Company: Norsat International
Norsat International designs and develops products for ground based satllite communications including LNBs, BUCs and SSPAs and ground terminals. Norsat has been leading the satellite communications technology for over 40 years and is actively continueing research and development to maintain this position. The satellite products group includes a multi-disciplinary team of about 30 engineers including electrical, mechanical and software engineers. Norsat has a well equipped R&D facility with state of the art test equipment, wire bonding capability, prototype PCBA assembly, simulation tools and prototype machine shop. Norsat also works with a number local vendors for PCB and PCBA fabrication, machining and specialized consulting. Norsat has good relationships with both University of British Columbia (UBC) and Simon Fraser University (SFU) and has worked with both in the past.
Summary of Project:
Norsat was recently purchased by a Hytera, a Chinese company, and wants to leverage this relationship to sell more into this market. Norsat knows little about the chinese market and our parent know little about our product.
The purpose of ths project is to find innovative and effective ways to increase Norsat’s sales in China and around the world using our parent’s sales and marketing team. The project will analyse at least the following areas:
- Leveraging Norsat and Hytera Teams. The project will develop strategies and processes that make te best use of our teams respective stengths and overcome possible language and cultural differences. Areas include developing collateral, training and motivation)
- Sales Strategies. The project will investage the chinese market and suggest techniques and strategies that are effective in penetrating chinese markets
- Product Management. The project will investigate the chinese market and suggest changes to existing products or new products that are likely better positioned for the chinese market.
The project will include metrics, analysis and reporting of the effectiveness of the strategies implemented.
- To be discussed
- To be discussed
Expertise and Skills Needed:
- Master's student in Business Administration
- This project requires a significant time in China and excellent written and spoken Mandarin are requred.
For more info or to apply to this applied research position, please