Software Developer --Cloud, IoT, Blockchain - BC-417
Preferred Disciplines: Software Developer -- Cloud, IoT, Blockchain (MSc, PhD or Post-Doc)
Project length: 4-6 months (1 unit)
Approx. start date: As soon as possible
Location: Vancouver, BC
No. of Positions: 1
Company: VTeam Labs (Canada) Ltd.
VTeamLabs is a Technology solutions and services company, servicing enterprises and other customers around the world through direct and partner channels.
As Microsoft Azure Certified Partner and an AWS consulting partner, VTeamLabs focuses on both public cloud and open source platform-based solutions through evolving go-to-market relationships to cater to Enterprise customers’ business & technical needs.
We bring together business and technology expertise to help companies drive enterprise performance, accelerate innovation, enhance customer experience and increase employee productivity through adoption and increased usage of cloud & data platforms.
Our Technical competencies and skills extend to not only Open edX and other cloud based solutions but also focused on creating data insights/ analytics, SQL data platform, Azure Cosmos DB, Internet of Things, Cognitive Services, Artificial intelligence, Machine Learning and Bot Framework.
Summary of Project:
- Implement services for IoT sensor/device management platform
- Deliver high-quality code, in accordance with standard methodologies
- Partner with business units and Product team in selecting and implementing suitable technology that aligns with overall systems architecture and data strategy
- Collaborate with other cross-functional engineering teams, including teams that work on smart buildings, core platforms, growth and engagement, etc.
- Research, design, develop, and test blockchain technologies, Act as a SME for Blockchain
- Grasp on the consensus models, underlying intricacies and protocols
- Contribute to the Technology leadership team by being responsible for development of next gen platform that leverages cloud, IoT and Blockchain
- Provide critical thinking to develop creative and innovative solutions to the business problems
- Evaluate new technologies, external products and designs for their applicability to roadmap requirements and make recommendations
- Identify opportunities for improvements in scalability, performance, security and serviceability
To be determined upon discussion with collaborators
Expertise and Skills Needed:
- 1+ years of cloud experience with AWS/Azure/GCP
- Experience with developing cloud applications on AWS or AZURE
- Experience with scaling and and building performant systems on AWS IoT Core or Azure IoT hub
- Experience with developing Microservices
- Experience in container technologies such as Docker
- Experience in Blockchain and distributed ledger technology (DLT), hands-on experience on HyperLedger Fabric platform or Ethereum or Quorum
- Experience developing chaincode / smart contractsGrasp on the consensus models, underlying intricacies and protocols
- Strong grip on Native APIs, encryption, crypto and building DApps
- Ability to define Blockchain components including security & privacy
- Working knowledge with Golang and NodeJS/ReactJS
- Good understanding of one of the blockchain development framework such as Truffle
Additional requirements/Nice to have skills:
- ERC-20 token interface experience
For more info or to apply to this applied research position, please