Survey and documentary research to identify leading R&D institutions in the corporate, hospital, college and university sectors - ON-201
Preferred Disciplines: Social sciences and humanities: business, economics, polticial science, statistics, any other discipline with numeric skills
Company: Research Infosource Inc
Project Length: 8-12 months (2 units)
Desired start date: As soon as possible
Location: Toronto, ON
No. of Positions: 1
Preferences: Southern Ontario
About the Company:
Research Infosource Inc. is Canada's Source of R&D Intelligence. As a leading research, consulting, and publishing firm, we specialize in the areas of policy, research, business intelligence and analysis on science, technology, innovation, and the Canadian R&D ecosystem.
Research Infosource is widely acknowledged as a respected and leading source of ranking information on research universities, corporations, hospitals and colleges that are used and followed by the research and innovation community, opinion and policy leaders in the government, research, corporate, higher education and non-profit sectors.
Each year, we publish our eagerly awaited Canada's Innovation Leaders (CIL) - the premier national print and online publication which includes key editorial content and our Who's Who ranking and analysis of Canada's leading research universities, corporations, hospitals and colleges that are enhancing Canada's global competitiveness in the knowledge economy.
We provide a number of resources to assist and connect science, technology and research-oriented businesses and higher education institutions with innovation support and research partnership/collaboration resources available from Canada's government, business, academic and non-profit sectors.
Research Infosource Inc. also offers specialized consulting and research services, for the research and innovation community.
Each year, we publish Canada's Innovation Leaders (CIL) - the premier national print and online publication which includes key editorial content and our Who's Who ranking and analysis of Canada's leading research universities, corporations, hospitals and colleges that are enhancing Canada's global competitiveness in the knowledge economy.
The requested individual will provide research support to CIL, including:
- Conduct primary and secondary research
- Adapt survey instruments as required based on the results of feedback from the field
- Administer surveys
- Analyze statistics
- Populate and manage databases
- Assist with administrative support
Develop rankings of leading institutional researchers in 4 sectors: universities, industry, colleges, hospitals
Survey questionnaires, telephone verification, administrative file reviews (e.g. for securities commission filings.
Expertise and Skills Needed:
- Intermediate to expert level of competence using MS Office Suite, particularly MS Excel
- Proficiency in proofreading and attention to detail
- Strong database management skills
- Strong primary and secondary research skills
- Strong organizational, time-management and problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Ability to work independently/self-manage with demonstrated flexibility/adaptability
- Strong customer-relation skills
- Knowledge of general office procedures, including record keeping and information management filing systems
- Spoken/written French an asset
For more info or to apply to this applied research position, please