Advanced analytics delivering optimization and “what-if” analysis across the Value Chain (focusing on Supply Chain and Factory Operations)- ON-315Desired discipline(s): Computer science, Mathematical Sciences, Mathematics, Statistics / Actuarial sciences
Project Length: 6 months to 1 year
Preferred start date: As soon as possible.
Language requirement: English
Location(s): Toronto, ON, Canada
No. of positions: 1
Preferred institutions: OCAD University, Ontario Tech University, Ryerson University, University of Toronto, York University
About the company:
The partner company is a multinational food and drink processing conglomerate corporation.
The Canadian arm of the company employs 3,000+ people in more than 18 manufacturing, sales and distribution sites across Canada, with their head office located in Toronto.
Please describe the project.:
Create a simulation and scenario planning solution to facilitate Demand Optimization during COVID 19 Pandemic. This will enable maximum on shelf availability for our consumers.
- Demand Optimization
- Inventory and Supply Optimization (including constraint planning and scheduling, sourcing location changes, etc.)
- Synchronise supply with demand
- Optimise distribution and deployment cost to serve customers
- Optimise transportation loads
- Simulate warehouse storage capacity to mitigate overflow cost
- Simulate and optimise factory production capacity to benefit Total Delivered Cost and customer service levels.
Some of the intended outcomes of this project will be:
- To boost Service levels, shorten cycle times, reduce inventory investment and minimise waste
- Acquire the ability to measure trade-off of inventory investment and desired customer services levels
- Acquire the ability to optimize complex sourcing and production scenarios to balance demand, manufacturing and distribution constraints
- Solution must integrate with SAP Data and be an Azure cloud-based solution.
Data Science and Data Engineering Skills