Industrial Wireless Sensor Tech Research Development- BC-499Project type: Research
Desired discipline(s): Engineering - computer / electrical, Engineering, Engineering - mechanical
Company: SST Wireless Inc.
Project Length: 6 months to 1 year
Preferred start date: As soon as possible.
Language requirement: English
Location(s): Richmond, BC, Canada
No. of positions: 4
Desired education level: CollegeUndergraduate/BachelorMaster'sPhDPostdoctoral fellow
About the company:
SST Wireless is delivering on the promise of Industrie 4.0 and predictive analytics to help organizations of any size make better informed maintenance and operational decisions using real time equipment condition monitoring. The company develops, manufactures and distributes industrial wireless sensors and gateways to capture and aggregate relevant condition data such as pressure, temperature, vibration, humidity and movement to SST’s user-friendly cloud-based monitoring and analytics services.
Describe the project.:
Seeking engineering students to work with our team to research & develop new wireless sensor technologies that use traditional MEMS as well as emerging technologies such as SAW. Communications is also a large part of the development such as LTE and LoRa. We also have patents that we are seeking to move forward with R&D to determine technical feasibility and commerical viability.
We are also working on adapting existing sensors to new industrial challenges.
- Proficient with hardware design, simulation, and layout tools.
- Comfortable with printed circuit board debugging, using oscilloscopes, voltage meters, power supplies, etc.
- Experience working with hardware and firmware is a requirement, as is experience with sensors, control automation, industrial monitoring, etc.
- Bonus points if you have background or experience building products for industrial markets, industrial automation, instrumentation, equipment condition monitoring, or similar.
- Demonstrated understanding of mechanical, electrical, and computer systems.
- Strong computer skills and good programming knowledge.
- Programming languages: C/C++/Python or equivalent.
- Good working knowledge of SQL Server database design, T-SQL programming, reporting, integration, and administration is desirable.
- Experience writing and reading documentation of various processes.
- Familiar with wireless sensor network experience, RF communications theory/design, and RF technologies Bluetooth, GPS, WiFi, Cellular, LoRa.
- Comfortable with serial bus protocols, such as SPI, I2C, CAN, UART, Ethernet/Industrial, etc.