Building an active learning module to accelerate the validation and qualification of image-based biomarkers for blinding eye disease- ON-346Desired discipline(s): Engineering - biomedical, Engineering, Engineering - computer / electrical
Company: Tracery Ophthalmics Inc
Project Length: 6 months to 1 year
Preferred start date: As soon as possible.
Language requirement: English
Location(s): Toronto, ON, Canada
No. of positions: 1
About the company:
Tracery Ophthalmics Inc is a clinical stage ocular imaging & health tech company that harnesses image-based and non-image-based health data, advanced cloud computing, and Artificial Intelligence for the development of new diagnostic tools, in silico drug design, and individualized therapeutic strategies for blinding eye disease, first focusing on dry Age Related Macular Degeneration (AMD).
Please describe the project.:
We are seeking a post-doctoral fellow for a SOSCIP-funded research project developing an active learning cloud-based platform, that will facilitate interactive development and evaluation of Image Based Biomarker (IBBs) between AI models and ophthalmologists (retina specialists). The proposed platform features active retraining of AI models, and collaboration of multiple graders to achieve consensus rapidly, with iteratively refined anomaly detection capabilities. The post-doctoral fellow will develop and apply state-of-the-art deep learning techniques to perform various tasks, identifying new edge cases, querying images based on content-similarity, and unsupervised clustering of multi-modal ophthalmic images. This work is based on two approved clinical studies that have generated tens of thousands of images to date, and on our early development of NNs and segmentation software. The successful candidate will be employed by Tracery Ophthalmics Inc, in collaboration with academic partner, Western University, supervised by Dr Ali Khan and Dr Shelley Boyd.
- PhD in Electrical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, or other relevant areas
- Knowledge of imaging systems, image processing and image analysis
- Experience with software development in Python
- Experience working with computer vision and machine learning libraries (OpenCV, Scikit-Learn, Tensor Flow)
- Familiar with web frames works (preferably Flask) and machine learning model serving
- Familiar with containers, cloud architecture, and high-performance computing
- Excellent technical and conversational English skills
- Initiative, dedication, thoroughness, fast learner, ability to work under pressure