Market Strategy and Implementation for AI in the Rail Industry- QC-330Desired discipline(s): Engineering - other, Engineering, Business, Social Sciences & Humanities, Economics, Journalism / Media studies and communication
Company: RailVision Analytics
Project Length: Flexible
Preferred start date: As soon as possible.
Language requirement: English with some French proficiency
Location(s): Montréal, QC, Canada; Canada
No. of positions: 1-2
About the company:
RailVision Analytics is a new and innovative software company in the rail industry. We use AI and advanced analytic algorithms to improve fuel-efficiency, on-time-performance, equipment performance, and early prediction of maintenance activities. The company currently conducts active monitoring of train fleets and is working on numerous software expansion projects both for commuter rail and freight.
Please describe the project.:
RailVision Analytics already has it’s first clients but is eager to rapidly grow within the rail industry to disrupt age-old technology with it’s innovative software solutions. As a startup amidst rail suppliers that have been established for many decades, we are looking for an innovative and concrete financial, marketing, and sales strategy to expand within our market.
The selected candidate will have a unique and hands-on opportunity to be thouroughly involved. They will be given the opportunity to dive into company financials, determine various objectives and plans, and participate in the implementation of new strategies. If permitting, the candidate shall be asked to travel for trade shows, conferences,and sales, in addition to conducting their research at our offices in Montreal.
- Strong background in financial analysis, marketing, sales, or business development.
- Determined, hard-working, a good communicator, and driven individual.
- 1-3 years experience in finance / marketing / sales / business development from combined workplace and academic projects.
- The selected candidate should have professional abilities in at least English and preferably French as well.
- Experience in the rail industry, or other transportation industries is an asset.