AI & ML Algorithm Development- ON-412Desired discipline(s): Engineering - computer / electrical, Engineering, Computer science, Mathematical Sciences, Statistics / Actuarial sciences
Company: Global Pass
Project Length: 4 to 6 months
Preferred start date: 05/03/2021
Language requirement: English
Location(s): ON, Canada
No. of positions: 1
About the company:
The GlobalPass is an education technology company which connects students to internatioal career and educational opportunities. We have created a digital platform which allows students to research and connect to insitutuions, attain their student visa, browse scholarships, find student housing, and discover internship opporunties.
We are a one stop location where studetns and immigrants can easily settle into their new environmetns.
Please describe the project.:
The project is intended to develop an AI algorithm which is designed to analyze data on a users profile such as grade point average, study interests, personal preferences and financial need/requirements to match users with the best university institutions, programs, and scholarships for them.
The goal of the algorithm is to help our users discover which programs they have the highest probability of getting accepted into as well as match students with scholarships they are eligible for.
The main tasks of the project are:
- Applicable applied research in AI algorithm design that allows the GlobalPass platform to scale in the future in terms of capacity and user attributes
- Develop a method of gathering data from the websites of instututions & scholarships in North America and Europe
- Develop and test the algorithm
- Deployment of algorithm into webplatform
- Software development experience
- Machine Learning experience