Bottled smoothies- BC-581Project type: Research
Desired discipline(s): Biochemistry / Molecular biology, Life Sciences, Biology, Epidemiology / Public health and policy, Food science, Human physical performance and recreation, Kinesiology, Medicine, Microbiology / Immunology, Agriculture, Natural Sciences, Environmental sciences
Company: Body Energy Club
Project Length: Flexible
Preferred start date: As soon as possible.
Language requirement: English
Location(s): Vancouver, BC, Canada; Canada
No. of positions: 1
Desired education level: CollegeUndergraduate/BachelorMaster'sPhDPostdoctoral fellow
About the company:
Body Energy Club was founded in 2002. It all began in the modest 500 square foot space on Davie Street, in the heart of downtown Vancouver, BC Canada. We now has 15 retail stores in Greater Vancouver and 2 retail stores in Los Angeles,California. We are your one stop shop for smoothies, Cold press juices, vitamins, supplements and healthy to go food.
Describe the project.:
We are looking to work with a reseracher who can help us re-formulate our to go bottled smoothies to allow for better macro nutrients, a longer shelflife and a more efficient way to make them. This will allow us to sell them nationwide, reduce our cost and wastage.
- Researching new cost-reducing manufacturing processes that meet customer and regulatory requirements.
- Communicating with relevant parties regarding food quality and safety concerns.
- Utilizing formulation software to create and update formulations.
- Working on new formula from conceptualization to launch.
- Review and enhanced current formulas to extend shelf life and reduce cost.
- Updating formula information sheets for sales preparation and updated labels.
- Recording, analyzing and summarizing research data.
- Coordinating independent laboratory testing.
- Adhering to GMP and other safety regulations.
- Performing other duties assigned by supervisor