Building a Natural Language Processing (NLP) community for AI and data professionals- ON-450Project type: Research
Desired discipline(s): Computer science, Mathematical Sciences, Business, Social Sciences & Humanities
Company: Phase AI Technologies Inc.
Project Length: 4 to 6 months
Preferred start date: As soon as possible.
Language requirement: English
No. of positions: 1
Desired education level: CollegeUndergraduate/BachelorMaster'sPhDPostdoctoral fellowPreferred institutions: University of Alberta, University of British Columbia, University of Toronto
About the company:
Phase AI is a community for data and AI professionals to connect, learn, and advance their careers. We host webinars with thought leaders from across North America, regularly blog about the latest topics in data/AI, and use custom software and NLP to match job candidates with employers. Phase AI emerged in response to the needs of new graduates and experienced data/AI professionals facing challenges upskilling and job seeking during COVID-19.
Describe the project.:
Phase AI is seeking a Community Manager to build, execute, and evaluate a community engagement strategy for users interested in Machine Learning (ML) topics and trends, particularly Natural Language Processing (NLP). This involves:
- Community engagement research: Your research will focus on building digital communities around AI/ML/NLP. This will involve mapping out the AI/data ecosystem in North America (institutions, digital communities, etc.), an exploration on approaches to engagement, strategies for fostering a supportive environment for personal and professional development, and understanding and capturing the evolving needs and desires of the network.
- Community management: Develop a strategy for implementing and evaluating community engagement practices. This involves defining, developing and delivering community content (e.g., weekly blog posts, webinars, daily discussion forums, and newsletters). You will create policies and processes that ensure the community is a professional, safe, and thriving environment for all users.
- Report on insights: Report back ongoing learnings and reflections, including community themes around AI/ML/NLP (e.g., perceptions, challenges, key topics, trends) and results from outreach.
- Curious, thoughtful, and self-driven with an interest in gaining startup experience
- Excited about using the Phase AI platform to actively talk about NLP and engage fellow data/AI professionals
- Strong written and visual communications skills, with a knack for using plain language to make technical topics approachable to less technical/experienced audiences
- Strong knowledge and experience with AI, ML, and NLP
- Experience with community engagement and evaluation
- Experience with media/marketing platforms and brand strategy