Post-Doc: AI enabled printability assessment and optimization for 3D printing process- ON-498Project type: Research
Desired discipline(s): Engineering - computer / electrical, Engineering, Engineering - mechanical, Computer science, Mathematical Sciences
Company: Mech Solutions Ltd
Project Length: 6 months to 1 year
Preferred start date: 09/01/2021
Language requirement: English
Location(s): Oshawa, ON, Canada; Concord, ON, Canada; Canada
No. of positions: 1
Desired education level: Postdoctoral fellow
About the company:
Mech Solutions Ltd is a Canadian Company and Provide 3D Printing Service, 3D printing and 3D Education, 3D Signs, CAD Design, and Simulation Service.
Describe the project.:
Ontario Tech University has an opening for a Postdoctoral Fellow (PDF) in the area of 3D printing, IoT and AI technology, or related field. The position is offered for 12 months, preferably starting in September 2021, and may be extended contingent upon research performance.
Mech Solutions Ltd and Ontario Tech University entered a partnership that aims to improve the 3D printing experience by combining with IoT and AI technology while providing research and development collaboration opportunities in the next-generation 3D printing experience.
The postdoctoral researcher will support and conduct research concerning the deployment and application of Artificial Intelligence to check whether the 3D model is printable, perform optimization based on given parameters, and predict the success rate. The work will involve the development and assessment of use cases, deployment strategy, model validation.
Tasks to be performed:
- Research in the field of 3D model analysis in additive manufacturing
- Designing machine learning systems and self-running artificial intelligence (AI) software to automate predictive models
- Support translation of research into practice.
- Collaborate with graduate students and postdoctoral researchers.
- Present findings on a regular basis to supervisor and team members
- Liaise with project partners
- Assist in preparation of research proposals and administration of, and reporting for, existing grants.
- Other duties as assigned
- Candidate must hold a PhD in Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field.
- Significant domain knowledge and fieldwork experience in 3D model analysis, 3D printing and/or experience in artificial intelligence.
- Excellent organization skills
- Demonstrated experience in collaborating with government and industry partners would be desirable.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Comfortable working alone and in team settings