Development of an optical characterization apparatus- BC-631Project type: Research
Desired discipline(s): Engineering - computer / electrical, Engineering, Engineering - mechanical, Engineering - other, Computer science, Mathematical Sciences
Company: Acuva Technologies Inc.
Project Length: 4 to 6 months
Preferred start date: As soon as possible.
Language requirement: English
Location(s): Vancouver, BC, Canada; Canada
No. of positions: 1
Desired education level: Master'sPhDPostdoctoral fellow
About the company:
Acuva Technologies Inc. is a product development company specializing in the design and manufacturing of UV-LED-based optomechanical systems for water, air, and surface disinfection. Acuva R&D and Engineering team contains experts from optical physics, microbiology, and material science, as well as electrical and mechanical engineering. These skills are crucial for the development and validation of Acuva’s products. Acuva’s main patented technology is based on the collimation of the LED optical output using optical elements (lens). At Acuva’s facility, the intern will actively work with Acuva’s R&D and engineering team and learn a wide range of research and engineering skills.
Describe the project.:
Accurate and precise characterization of the LEDs and optical elements, such as radiation pattern in cartesian and polar axis, 3D optical power output, and viewing angle, is of paramount importance. The project has been defined by Acuva’s research and development department to develop an automated and intelligent characterization apparatus to connect between optical elements (LED) and a spectrometer to measure its output.
- Design, develop, implement, and test code algorithms to operate and connect automated electromechanical systems.
- Design data collection process, classify and tune the data with background mathematical operations, and ultimately determine if the AI’s performance is acceptable.
- Design graphical user interface (GUI) for simple operation of the developed software.
- Identify and procure the parts to make and commission the optical characterization apparatus
- Develop a document for the standard operating procedure for the developed apparatus.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical, mechatronics, computer, mechanical, or robotics engineering
- Solid background in research, design, develop, and test automation, intelligent systems, smart devices, automated testing apparatus, or industrial systems control.
- Proficiency working with coding software such as VBA-Excel, Python, C++, etc for AI/machine learning approach.
- Excellent mathematical and problem-solving skills. · Highly accurate and detail oriented.