Vision-based Drone Identification and Tracking System - BC-638Project type: Research
Desired discipline(s): Engineering - computer / electrical, Engineering, Engineering - mechanical, Computer science, Mathematical Sciences, Mathematics, Physics / Astronomy, Natural Sciences
Company: Bluvec Technologies Inc.
Project Length: Longer than 1 year
Preferred start date: As soon as possible.
Language requirement: English
Location(s): Burnaby, BC, Canada; Canada
No. of positions: 2
Desired education level: Master'sPhD
About the company:
Founded in Vancouver, Canada, Bluvec Technologies Inc. is the pioneer developer of Deep Signal Inspection (DSI) technology and a leading supplier of counter-drone technology in the industry.
The company's R&D team is gathered from the world's leading institutions, including multiple senior information security, network security, and wireless experts, with 30% of R&D team members owning Ph.D. degrees and master's degrees accounting for 60%.
Our company uses self-researched and developed DSI (Deep Signal Inspection) technology to provide world-class Counter Drone solutions. The DSI technology is designed to detect, identify, localize, defend and manage civilian drones, covering 98% of currently available drone types, and is widely used in government agencies, defense military, aviation airports, prisons, stadiums, industrial facilities, etc.
Describe the project.:
1. Research and selection of the camera hardware, including lens, image sensors, ISP (Image Signal Processing) chips and module interfaces.
2. Design and implementation of hardware assembly, and writing hardware schematic and related documents.
3. Image acquisition and image quality analysis of camera modules, and writing image quality evaluation reports.
4. Failure analysis and debugging of the camera hardware at both module and product level.
1. Major in Optics, Electronics, Image Signal Processing, Physics or related fields.
2. Familiar with the photosensitive principle of image sensors, and familiar with the architecture and principle of colours.
3. Familiar with the principle and algorithm of camera hardware assembly.
4. Familiar with fast-focusing technology.
Machine Learning Researcher
1. Research on real-time object detection and tracking algorithms.
2. Leverage open source libraries and resources to design and develop deep learning models.
3. Analyse and improve model performance and speed.
4. Write production-ready Python code.
1. Experience with computer vision and deep learning.
2. Familiar with either object detection or real-time tracking algorithms.
3. Familiar with deep learning models such as YOLO and SSD, and able to adapt it to new applications
4. Familiar with PyTorch or TensorFlow, and computer vision libraries such as OpenCV.
5. Highly self-motivated and quick learner
6. Smart, practical, passionate to create great products!